A foreign national or individual without nationality wishing to enter Kazakhstan must obtain a visa, unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries under International Treaty or other regulations.
Visa exempted list of Nationals and Citizens of Countries and Regions. If your country is not in the list, you need to apply for a visa to visit or transit through Kazakhstan.
- Application drop-off: 09:30 am to12:45 pm
- Visa pick-up: 3:00pm to 5:00pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (except Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays and public Holidays)
2. Processing Time
- General visa: 5 working days (ex. Monday drop-off – Next Monday pick-up)
3. Visa Fee
- We do not accept cash. Please deposit visa fee in any branch of Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited. The type of visa for which you apply determines the fee amount. Check visa fee here.
Important note on visa fee!
4. Visa Validity
- Single entry visa is only valid for one entry. A visa is valid for 90 days from the day of issuance. Therefore, entry into Kazakhstan should occur within this time frame.
A Multiple entry visa is valid for up to 2 years.
For ethnic kazakhs - up to 3 years.
For participants of the Astana International Financial Centre - up to 5 years.
USA passport holders may apply for a visa with a maximum validity of 10 years on reciprocal basis.
Important note! You must be a resident of Hong Kong SAR or Macao SAR, PRC in order to apply for a visa through the Consulate General. As a general rule, the visa applicant should come in person with exception of applications for diplomatic/service visas.
There are 48 countries, citizens of which don't need an official invitation letter (visa support) for single entry Service (A3), Business (B1, B3), Private (B10), Tourist (B12) visas. If your country of nationality appears on the list, you may submit Letter of request (instead of an invitation letter).
If your country is not in the list, you need to obtain the official invitation letter (visa support) arranged through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Ministry of Internal Affairs in Kazakhstan before submitting documents for the visa.
Download application form [PDF] or [Word]. Filled out sample application form for reference.
List of required documents:
1. Diplomatic, Service, Investor visas (A1-A5)
Diplomatic (A1, A2)
Service (A3, A4)
2. Short term visits (B1-B22)
Business (B1, B2, B3)
Attendees of Religious Events (B6) - except missionary purposes
3. Long term visits (C1-C12)
Family Reunification (C2)
Work (C3, C4, C5, C6)